About Phil Yules
My name is Phil Yules and I am a fully qualified ‘Relate’ trained, relationship therapist for ‘Online Couples Counselling’. I hold a CPCAB (Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body) ‘Level 5 Diploma in Relationship Counselling’. Additonally, I am a member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
I understand that difficulties can beset relationships, whether these are partner or family relationships. Couples often lose sight of each other within the complexities of modern living. I will help you to identify where your relationship currently is and how you got there. If you would like to change the course of your future relationship, I will help you to look at how you can reframe this.
The environment I create will be of mutual respect and understanding. I will not side with either one of you but instead, endeavour to provide the space where you both feel listened to and understood, initially by me and ultimately by each other. I will remain supportive and non-judgemental at all times. Our work will, of course, be confidential.
It is common for problems in a relationship to simmer or to be ignored leading to misunderstandings. This is often because we start assuming that we know what a partner is thinking, or they said something ‘in that way’. I will help you both to think about what is happening, or happens, for you individually alongside asking you to consider what happens between you. There is no quick-fix manual for relationship therapy. That’s because we are all different. Every individual is unique and therefore every couple’s relationship is unique. It is important to think about and respond to what is happening for you, which means that communication can improve between you.
- CPCAB (Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body) ‘Level 5 Diploma in Relationship Counselling’
- A registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
My experience in my specialist area spans over 15 years across third sector organisations and more recently with ‘Relate’ and the NHS.
Including my time since qualifying as a couple counsellor, I have over 15 years’ experience in my specialist area, where I have supported people in a non-judgemental way in a number of different health settings, including extensive experience working with drug and alcohol use both in a community, as well as residential settings.
How I can help you
- I will encourage you both to recognise what each other’s perspectives actually are and work towards eliminating misunderstandings through you being open and honest.
- I’m not wedded to one theoretical approach and will therefore work with you in the manner most appropriate for you.
- My relationship ‘MOT’ is a health check that offers an overview of your relationship at the moment. This will help you understand some of the issues you, or you and your partner may be facing.
- We will work together to help you to think about, and find ways of, communicating your needs more honestly and in ways which can avoid this becoming conflictual
- I will be careful and respectful with you at all times, but will remain honest which might mean challenging on occasions.
Sit amet facilisis magna etiam tempor orci eu lobortis. Turpis tincidunt id aliquet risus feugiat in elit eget gravida cum ante metus dictum.
|Institute Of Coast Private Hospital
|Canada Of Coast Private Hospital
|Livers & Oncology
|USA Institute for Rehabilitation
|Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation
Types of therapy offered
Our Highly Experienced Relationship Therapists
Book Instantly Online Now
Use our easy & fast online booking tool to book an appointment with one of our highly trained therapists.