Karen Martin - Rodriguez
About Karen Martin - Rodriguez
Hello, my name is Karen and I am a qualified Psychotherapist and Relationship Counsellor based at Online Couple Counselling. My work is from an ‘Integrative Perspective’ which means I draw upon a variety of approaches in my work to suit your individual and relationship needs.
I hold a Master’s Degree in Psychotherapy and Counselling and have over 20 years of experience working as a therapist. I hold an accredited membership of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
There can be many challenges to relationships in today’s busy world. Over a period of time relationships can change without us being aware of the drift. The impact of the external world on our relationship can be huge… work issues, family responsibilities.
It can be difficult to negotiate changes in relationships when feelings are running high. So, seeking help from a professional can be a great step to take to help you clarify things.
My role during online couple counselling is to offer you both a space to make the required changes in your relationship. I will help you to communicate more effectively and reach your own conclusions about the way forward.
I have been successful in helping tens of hundreds of couples and individuals deal with a variety of issues impacting their relationship more effectively. Including, poor communication, infidelity, jealousy, long-term illness, growing apart, sexual concerns and addictions. As well as helping you manage change in a more effective, productive way.
- MA Psychotherapy and Counselling Regents College
- Post masters Advanced Diploma in Existential Psychotherapy Regents College
- Accredited Member of BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
I have been a practising therapist for over 20 years, both privately and within independent and charitable organisations. These include, independent healthcare, cancer services and children and young people’s services. Within my own private practice, I work with individuals and couples in both long- and short-term therapy.
How I can help you
- I will provide you both the space to make the required changes in your relationship. I will help you to communicate more effectively and reach your own conclusions about the way forward.
- In the initial session I will ask you both what you would like to achieve out of relationship therapy and where you would like to get to. Even if you both have different expectations, we will work with that. By working on how you communicate with each other is the first step to helping you achieve your goal.
- I am open, down to earth and warm. My aim is to make both of you feel comfortable from the first time we meet, so you feel free to open up about any concerns during our sessions.
- I’m passionate in my work with couples and committed to working ethically and safely to overcoming the challenges we are presented with.
- I have a clinical interest and experience in working with couples where neurodiversity is an issue
Sit amet facilisis magna etiam tempor orci eu lobortis. Turpis tincidunt id aliquet risus feugiat in elit eget gravida cum ante metus dictum.
|2002-2005||Cardio-respiratory||Institute Of Coast Private Hospital|
|2002-2005||Cystic Fibrosis||Canada Of Coast Private Hospital|
|2010-2017||Livers & Oncology||USA Institute for Rehabilitation|
|2018-2022||Osteogenesis imperfecta||Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation|
Types of therapy offered
Our Highly Experienced Relationship Therapists
Book Instantly Online Now
Use our easy & fast online booking tool to book an appointment with one of our highly trained therapists.