South East Professional Online Counsellor
About Daniella Smith
Hello, my name’s Daniella Smith and I am a fully qualified and professionally accredited couple counsellor, registered with the National Counselling & Psychotherapy Society. I have worked with hundreds of different couples over the years, in every kind of relationship. So this means I am able to normalise certain things, which can be reassuring for some couples.
Whilst I cannot say, I know exactly how you’re feeling about starting relationship counselling, I can say that I have also have had couples counselling myself, which I think is a helpful reminder whenever I start working with new couples. I fully appreciate that you might apprehensive or nervous about talking to a Relationship Therapist about some of the most intimate aspects of your personal life. However, please rest assured, I will make it as easy as possible for you.
My approach is warm, friendly and understanding and I won’t use therapeutic jargon. You will both be provided with a space that is non-judgemental and compassionate. This will enable you to be open about how you’re feeling and for us to unpack the ‘snags’ in your relationship together. I regularly laugh with couples as well as mediate conflict. Many recommended me to their friends, which is always a lovely form of feedback about the effectiveness of my approach.
Most couples talk about the need to improve communication so that’s always an important way to start improving things for you both, as is learning to drop our defences and be more open to hearing how it feels from our partner’s perspective. Fundamentally, we’re all just trying to do our best but we often take out our unhappiness and frustration on those closest to us.
Sex is another important topic and one which I’m very comfortable discussing. It’s an area where being able to be honest and open often can bring about some really positive changes. Rest assured that I will ask about your sex life and will be comfortable to support you both with any issues there.
- NCPS Level 5 Professional Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- NCPS Level 4 Advanced Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- NCPS Level 3 Hypnotherapy
- Human Givens Institute Masterclass Couples Therapy
- Talking to Couples about Sex Certificate
- How to Avoid Burnout training
- Safeguarding Adults - Level 3 training
- Safeguarding Children - Level 2 training
- Grief, Bereavement and Loss training - in-house within hospice setting
I also have regular monthly clinical supervision which is a requirement of the National Counselling & Psychotherapy Society as part of the ethical and professional code of conduct.
I have only recently left the NHS after 13 years in the Psychological Services department.
In the latter part of my career, I was part of a new team set up to provide psychological support and mental health wellbeing programmes. This was for NHS staff in hospitals and within the paramedic/ambulance service following Covid. These included but were not limited to webinars and online support around anxiety, depression, burnout and relationships.
During my Level 5 professional training; I spent two years as a volunteer counsellor with a hospice, providing grief, bereavement and loss counselling. I am comfortable with emotions and strive to provide a therapeutic environment online where it feels safe to be emotionally vulnerable.
How I can help you
- I will support you both and remain impartial in a way that isn't possible with friends or families.
- My background in 'Compassion Focused Therapy' is helpful in promoting more respect, gratitude and kindness within the relationship. This paves the way for healthier ways of being around each other.
- I have a fascination in psychoeducation around the male and female brain differences. This understanding can help in identify where we might be taking things personally, which can reduce conflict.
- It's relatively easy to help couples with learning to actively listen and reflect. This allows both people to feel really heard. This important validation of emotions, creates a solid foundation for the relationship.
- Where possible, I will help you both identify and highlight the positives in the relationship. So you are reminded of what you do well together and how you've overcome difficulties in the past.
Sit amet facilisis magna etiam tempor orci eu lobortis. Turpis tincidunt id aliquet risus feugiat in elit eget gravida cum ante metus dictum.
|2002-2005||Cardio-respiratory||Institute Of Coast Private Hospital|
|2002-2005||Cystic Fibrosis||Canada Of Coast Private Hospital|
|2010-2017||Livers & Oncology||USA Institute for Rehabilitation|
|2018-2022||Osteogenesis imperfecta||Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation|
Types of therapy offered
Our Highly Experienced Relationship Therapists
Book Instantly Online Now
Use our easy & fast online booking tool to book an appointment with one of our highly trained therapists.