About Kaye Barney
Hello, my name is Kaye Barney and I am a fully qualified Relationship Therapist. I have a first class Bsc (hons) Degree in Counselling. A BA (hons) Degree in Psychology and a Level 5 CPCAB (Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding) Diploma in Relationship Counselling.
I am also a registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and an accredited member of the (NCPS) National Counselling and Psychotherapy Society.
My training was completed through ‘Relate’ and ‘Tavistock Relationships’.
Perhaps you’re struggling to maintain healthy relationships. Or maybe your relationship is stuck in a rut or you and your partner have grown apart. You might be unsure whether you want to stay together or separate. Alternatively, you feel you know what you want, but don’t know how to go about achieving it. Or perahps you and your partner want different things,
Maybe you have chosen to seek online relationship counselling because you have lost the spark that brought you together. Or maybe you just keep going around and round with the same old arguments or struggling to communicate with each other at all.
My approach to relationship therapy
I work with both couples and individuals with any type of problem. Such as poor communication, arguments, anger, a lack of connection, differing goals, needs and responsibilities. Along with dealing with the impact of insecurities, affairs and betrayals on a relationship. In addition, I understand how our past relationships can impact our current ones.
Every relationship, and every partner within a relationship is unique. So, I will take a bespoke approach to your particular situation, as opposed to a ‘one size fits all’ style. I will encourage couples to look at what IS working within their relationship, as well as what isn’t. Enabling them to retain all the good bits as well as working towards improving the parts that aren’t.
I support individuals and couples from diverse backgrounds, sexual orientation and cultures
If you would like to book an appointment to see me for online couple counselling. Either on your own, or with your partner. please feel free to do so via the link below.
- University of Staffordshire BSc (hons) top up degree – Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- University of Liverpool BA (hons) degree - Psychology
- CPCAB (Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body) Level 6 certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision.
- CPCAB (Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body) Level 4 certificate and Level 5 Diploma in Relationship Counselling.
- UK Association of Transactional Analysis - Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis.
- British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy – Certificate of Proficiency.
- Improving Access to Psychological Therapies: Couple Therapy for Depression – accredited practitioner (Tavistock Relationships).
- Mother/daughter relationship coach.
I bring a variety of related skills and experience to my work as a counsellor. I’ve always been interested in human motivations, behaviour and relationships, which is what fuelled my first degree in Psychology.
This was followed by a long career in the commercial sector, where I worked with different types of organisations understanding the needs, behaviours and attitudes of their target markets. Using these insights, I helped those organisations better align their offerings with the requirements of the populations they served.
Along the way I gathered various marketing and business skills and qualifications. I also volunteered as a Samaritan and a mentor for ‘The Princes Trust’ and as a Mental Health First Aider in the workplace.
I worked for ‘Relate’ for a number of years, alongside my own private practice and now Online Couples Counselling.
I also now teach counselling to students and work with other counsellors as a clinical supervisor. This involves ensuring they work safely according to best practice protocols and an ethical framework.
How I can help you
- Whether you attend on your own or with a partner, I’ll listen carefully to the issues that you bring to counselling and help you decide what you want to achieve.
- My approach is warm, empathetic and flexible. I’ll help you to explore the issues that might cause tension in your relationship.
- Together we’ll examine any patterns and triggers that create tensions.
- If relevant and if it’s something you want to do, I’ll also help you examine the root causes of these issues.
- Additionally, I’ll enable you to better communicate your needs and opinions in your relationship. This will help you find appropriate solutions so you can move forward more positively.
Sit amet facilisis magna etiam tempor orci eu lobortis. Turpis tincidunt id aliquet risus feugiat in elit eget gravida cum ante metus dictum.
|2002-2005||Cardio-respiratory||Institute Of Coast Private Hospital|
|2002-2005||Cystic Fibrosis||Canada Of Coast Private Hospital|
|2010-2017||Livers & Oncology||USA Institute for Rehabilitation|
|2018-2022||Osteogenesis imperfecta||Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation|
Types of therapy offered
Our Highly Experienced Relationship Therapists
Book Instantly Online Now
Use our easy & fast online booking tool to book an appointment with one of our highly trained therapists.