About Elaine Brown
Hello, my name is Elaine Brown and I am a fully qualified Couple Counsellor with a Level 4 & 5 Diploma in Relationship Counselling CPCAP (Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body). I am experienced in working with neurodiversity, different abilities, gender choice and LGBTQ+ Couple Therapy.
I completed my training through ‘Relate’ and I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) and the NCPS (National Counselling and Psychotherapy Society). My individual and couple counselling experience spans over 9 years. During this time, I have accrued over 4,300+ clinical hours working with ages from 11 to 91 years young.
I provide a safe and therapeutic counselling space so we explore together with empathy, kindness and respect. Taking the time to reflect on your own behaviour within your relationship is an important part of the couple counselling journey. To be curious and to really listen can be difficult. However, to start hearing one another is the beginning of an onward journey together as a couple.
I’m aware that coming to Couples Counselling might be feeling like a big step for you both. However, please rest assured that I am here to listen, support and guide you through any challenges you have been dealing with. I will use a variety of tools and exercises during our work together, which will be within a non-judgemental space. We will consider the impact of different learned behaviours and family narratives. We will also explore the systems that impact us throughout life, including family, education, alongside career/working environments.
- CPCAB (Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body)
Level 4 & 5 Diploma in Relationship Counselling
- A registered member 215707 MBACP of the BACP
British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- An accredited registrant member of the NCPS
National Counselling & Psychotherapy Society) NCS19-08471
My working life has been varied, in both the private and public sector. This includes a role in the ‘University Wellbeing & Support Team’ supporting LGBTQ+ young people as well as for voluntary and charity organisations. My work involved supporting a wide range of people, in a variety of different environments, in the UK and overseas.
Now at Online Couples Counselling and during my time at ‘Relate’ I have supported couples and individuals from all around the country and from all walks of life. Couples from different cultures, heterosexual and same gender relationships. Alongside couples in blended families or those living apart. Couples with or without children, stepchildren (and of course not forgetting pets as well). Couples in longer term relationships, premarital couples and newlyweds.
How I can help you
- My communication style is friendly, relatable and kind. I will provide a safe and calm therapeutic space where you both are listened to with kindness, respect and empathy.
- Using different tools and exercises to help you gain a better understanding of each other’s perspectives.
- I particularly draw on the ‘Systemic’ and ‘Psychodynamic’ theoretical approaches to couple therapy. But I also understand the importance of tailoring my approach to your specific situation.
- l will encourage you to be curious about one another, in a calm respectful space both to help you move forward in positive steps.
- I will endeavour to be the right relationship therapist for you and at all times ensure you feel comfortable with me.
Sit amet facilisis magna etiam tempor orci eu lobortis. Turpis tincidunt id aliquet risus feugiat in elit eget gravida cum ante metus dictum.
|Institute Of Coast Private Hospital
|Canada Of Coast Private Hospital
|Livers & Oncology
|USA Institute for Rehabilitation
|Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation
Types of therapy offered
Our Highly Experienced Relationship Therapists
Book Instantly Online Now
Use our easy & fast online booking tool to book an appointment with one of our highly trained therapists.