About Janine Knight
Hello, my name is Janine Knight, welcome! I am a fully qualified and experienced Relationship Counsellor. My training was carried out through ‘Relate ‘and I have a CPCAB (Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body) Level 5 Post Graduate Diploma in Relationship Counselling. I am also registered with the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists).
My approach is caring and empathetic and I will help you both explore, step by step, the aspects of your relationship that are no longer working well. You may be dealing with a loss of connection, a betrayal, depression or are simply struggling to communicate effectively.
I will not be there to judge. Instead I will encourage you both to try and understand each other’s perspectives, along with the patterns and dynamics in your relationship – to see how these were learnt. This is done by creating a trusting, therapeutic relationship between us. Together, we will explore how you communicate, how you manage conflict and how each of you make sense of what is going on in the relationship.
I provide a safe, confidential space where you can both share your thoughts in a structured and meaningful way. We will explore what you hope to achieve from the therapy and what tools will help you achieve this. If you are unsure what you want or whether you are on the same page as a couple, that’s ok, I will help you find clarity.
- CPCAB (Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body) Level 5 Post Graduate Diploma in Relationship Counselling
- CPCAB (Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body) Level 4 Diploma in Relationship Counselling
- Foundation Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling (The Counselling Centre – Tunbridge Wells) Level 3
- Mediation Skills Certificates (Maidstone Mediation Centre – voluntary work)
- Counselling Skills for non -counsellors – Relate Level 3
- Higher Diploma in Midwifery Practice (King's University London)
- BSc (hons) Sociology degree (Sussex University & North London University)
Prior to becoming a Couples Counsellor, I was a Registered Midwife working within the NHS. I particularly enjoyed the psychological aspects of care and making the transition to becoming a counsellor was a natural evolution. I often found myself providing emotional support following trauma and this midwifery experience gave me many useful skills to bring as a counsellor. I trained with Relate six years ago and have gained experience in a huge range of issues working with a diverse range of cultures, ages and sexualities. I have also previously worked in a voluntary capacity as a trained Mediator working with neighbourhood and family disputes. I have maintained all my continuous on-going training requirements and work within the ethical boundaries of the BACP. I am DBS checked and fully insured.
I am married with four, now adult, children.
How I can help you
- My theoretical basis is ‘Integrative Therapy’ and I use an' Emotionally Focused’ style to explore your unique situation in a meaningful way. This is for you as both individuals as well as within the relationship
- People say I put them at ease because my communication style is down to earth and calm. I will enable you both to be heard and listen more effectively to each other.
- I have worked with and welcome all relationships, including different ages, cultural backgrounds, sexualities and genders.
- I understand how hard it can be to take the first step and open up to a stranger about personal details in your life – I will help you by listening, clarifying and being respectful to you both
- I am specifically Relationship Therapy qualified. Which means that I am trained to work with two people at the same time and maintain a relationship focus.
Sit amet facilisis magna etiam tempor orci eu lobortis. Turpis tincidunt id aliquet risus feugiat in elit eget gravida cum ante metus dictum.
|2002-2005||Cardio-respiratory||Institute Of Coast Private Hospital|
|2002-2005||Cystic Fibrosis||Canada Of Coast Private Hospital|
|2010-2017||Livers & Oncology||USA Institute for Rehabilitation|
|2018-2022||Osteogenesis imperfecta||Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation|
Types of therapy offered
Our Highly Experienced Relationship Therapists
Book Instantly Online Now
Use our easy & fast online booking tool to book an appointment with one of our highly trained therapists.