About Lorna Ashley
Hi, my name is Lorna and I am a fully qualified and experienced ‘Integrative Therapist’ for couples and individuals at Online Couples Counselling. Whether that is for an intimate relationship or for improving family dynamics.
I hold various accreditations and qualifications, which include a certificate in ‘Psychodynamic Counselling’ and a Foundation Degree in ‘Counselling’. Alongside a Diploma in ‘Therapeutic Counselling’ and ‘Couple Dynamics. I’m a lifelong learner and have just completed a BSC (Hons) Open university degree in mental health-related subjects.
As a Relationship Counsellor, informed by various theoretical approaches, I work in several ways. Therefore, it can be challenging to pinpoint a defined approach. However, the most important aspect of how I work is through curiosity and a passion in order to make a difference in the area of distress or concern which have brought people to therapy.
My approach to online marriage therapy
Onlne couple therapy can be incredibly valuable in opening some of the issues that might be causing problems in a relationship. Through opening communication channels and understanding the underlying issues, difficulties can be resolved and a more positive way to move forward is agreed.
Together, we will think about the aims of the couple’s therapy. We will explore relationship ‘hotspots’ that present conflict and shape the interactions between you that have formed habitual ways of being.
Additionally, historical influences such as life events and experiences may support protective habits that inadvertently hinder healthier relationship dynamics. We will explore different, more effective ways to communicate and express needs.
Further exploration can include the social systems around you and external factors that impact the couple, as well as different love languages. Where possible I encourage playfulness and ask you to revisit the things that brought you together before responsibilities took over.
However, one of the most important aspects of successful counselling is the relationship we build together. This will support and enable honest exploration in a neutral, non-judgemental environment.
If you would like to book a session to see Lorna for online marriage therapy or couple therapy. Please do so via the link below.
- BSc (Hons) Open degree
- Foundation degree in Counselling
- Advanced Certificate (level 6) Clinical Supervision inc Online & Telephone working
- CPCAB (level 4) Dip, Integrative Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate (level 3) Couple Dynamics training
- Certificate (level 3) Psychodynamic Counselling
- ACTO (Association for Counselling & Therapy Online) Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling.
My work with couples spans over 6 years, predominantly in the private sector. I have extensive experience working with people from a wide range of different backgrounds, sexual orientation, cultures and age groups.
I worked as a clinical volunteer and supervisor for a ‘Cruse Bereavement’ charity. Therefore, have a good understanding of grief and loss and how unique it is to us all. I was also part of the UK’s emergency response team for crisis situations. Along with providing voluntary support to a charity that provides a space for those feeling suicidal.
Further counselling experience has developed through working with the charity ‘Refuge’ on their National Domestic Violence helplines. This work entailed a knowledge of legislation practical remedies, risk assessment, safety planning and refuge placement. Whilst more recently my practice has extended to include more supervisory positions to students and qualified counsellors.
I also qualified in personal training and nutrition in 2008 which has continued to evolve and contribute to a holistic approach to my counselling practice. I am passionate in what I do and committed to working ethically and safely to help overcome any challenges.
As a student of life, I continue working with the Open University to quench my thirst for knowledge and insight that can hopefully inform my practice.
How I can help you
- As an Integrative Counsellor I am informed in several ways to support change and be responsive to the unique needs of each couple.
- My communication style is warm, friendly and real. Ensuring a safe neutral space to understand and explore vulnerabilities that prevent honest conversations.
- We will work on understanding different perspectives and truths encouraging curiosity toward each other as opposed to flight or fight responses that maintain unhealthy interactions.
- I advocate kindness and respect when dealing with highly emotive subjects and areas of conflict.
- I work passionately, directly and transparently with you both to support changes towards healthy relationship behaviours. This means, I will take an active role in how we work together.
Sit amet facilisis magna etiam tempor orci eu lobortis. Turpis tincidunt id aliquet risus feugiat in elit eget gravida cum ante metus dictum.
|2002-2005||Cardio-respiratory||Institute Of Coast Private Hospital|
|2002-2005||Cystic Fibrosis||Canada Of Coast Private Hospital|
|2010-2017||Livers & Oncology||USA Institute for Rehabilitation|
|2018-2022||Osteogenesis imperfecta||Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation|
Types of therapy offered
Our Highly Experienced Relationship Therapists
Book Instantly Online Now
Use our easy & fast online booking tool to book an appointment with one of our highly trained therapists.