About Tim Gilbert
Hello, I’m Tim Gilbert, a highly experienced couples counsellor with a Post Graduate Diploma in ‘Relationship Counselling’. As a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) I bring over 10 years of expertise to help you strengthen your relationship.
Hello, my name is Tim Gilbert and I am a ‘Relate’ trained, fully qualified couples counsellor with over 10 years’ experience. I hold a Post Graduate Diploma in ‘Relationship Counselling’ and I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy).
I prefer to use a common sense, step by step and non-judgemental approach and will work with you as individuals, as well as the relationship as an entity itself. Together, we will gain insight and understanding into any unhelpful patterns of behaviour that may have developed over time. You will both be given the opportunity to open up and explain what isn’t working for you and why. In turn, this will allow your partner the opportunity to really listen and try to understand your point of view. I find this helps couples and individuals find their voice and learn to value themselves in the counselling space.
We will work together to create a stronger and more satisfying bond between you. I will also help you develop the relevant tools to help you deal with conflict more effectively in future.
I will tailor the sessions for your specific needs because every individual and relationship are unique. If you are unsure as to what the likely outcome will be at this stage, that’s okay, we will work together to help you find clarity.
- A BSc in Psychology (2000)
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Relationship Counselling (2011)
- Working with Shame
- Family Therapy Skills Masterclass
- Working with Child and Perpetrator Parts of the Traumatised Client
- Fragmented Minds, Dissociation and Psychosis
- Making the link between Childhood Trauma and Addictions
- Working with Infidelity in Couples
- Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Mental Health Awareness
- Narcissistic Disorders
- Counselling with a Sexual Focus
Prior to qualifying as a couple counsellor, I had many years’ experience working in personal development and human resources while working in various commercial organisations. This background provided me with valuable experience in supporting individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures, helping them enhance their self-worth and self-esteem within a professional setting.
I received comprehensive training from Relate and worked for them for many years as a couple, individual and family . During my tenure, I was also involved in counselling offenders as part of a government-contracted program facilitated by Relate. This initiative aimed to assist offenders in readjusting to family life and rebuilding relationships with their partners and children following their release from prison.
How I can help you
- I will help you gain a better understanding and balance regarding each other’s perspectives. This will be achieved through a calm, non-accusatory, therapeutic process.
- My work is diverse and my experience spans across couples of all ages, genders, sexual orientation or different cultural identities.
- My communication style is friendly, relatable and down to earth. I will help you move forward in whichever way you choose and to develop an alliance with you both during the counselling process.
- I will help you both to be more patient, respectful and understanding of each other’s experiences. This will enable you to move forward more positively and to see each other’s perspectives of the relationship in a positive way.
- During my work I may use a variety of different theoretical approaches, depending on which is most helpful for your unique situation.
Sit amet facilisis magna etiam tempor orci eu lobortis. Turpis tincidunt id aliquet risus feugiat in elit eget gravida cum ante metus dictum.
|2002-2005||Cardio-respiratory||Institute Of Coast Private Hospital|
|2002-2005||Cystic Fibrosis||Canada Of Coast Private Hospital|
|2010-2017||Livers & Oncology||USA Institute for Rehabilitation|
|2018-2022||Osteogenesis imperfecta||Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation|
Types of therapy offered
Our Highly Experienced Relationship Therapists
Book Instantly Online Now
Use our easy & fast online booking tool to book an appointment with one of our highly trained therapists.